Mother's day is right around the corner. For those chocolate and coffee lovers here's a simple and sweet treat you can make on Mother's Day.
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold, strong, brewed Farmer's Choice 100% Kona Coffee
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Grease and flour an 8-inch pan. To bake this recipe as cupcakes, line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Add flour mixture, alternating with coffee. Beat until just incorporated.
- For cake: Bake at 350° F (175° C) for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. For cupcakes: Divide batter into cupcake liners and bake in the preheated oven 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a center cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
Prep: 15 m Cook: 35 m Ready In: 1 h 20 m
Recipe by: J. Miller ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 Allrecipes.com
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (2 ¼ teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for flouring
- ½ teaspoon (heaping) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (scant) baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Additional spices, such as cardamom, nutmeg or allspice, optional
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 egg white
- Splash of milk
- 1 egg white
- Powdered sugar, as needed
- Milk, as needed
Total: 3 hr 25 min Active: 35 min Yield: 18 buns
For the buns:
- Combine milk, canola oil, and 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar in a saucepan. Stir and heat until very warm, but not boiling. Turn off the heat and allow to cool until the mixture is still warm, but not hot. About 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the mixture. Add 4 cups of the flour and stir to combine; the mixture will be very sticky. Cover with a towel and set aside for 1 hour.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining 1/2 cup flour to the dough. Stir until combined.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a small bowl with the cinnamon and whatever other spices you want to use.
- Lighlty flour a work surface and turn out the dough onto it. Press to slightly flatten the dough. Sprinkle a third of the sugar/cinnamon mixture over it. Sprinkle on about a third of the raisins. Then fold the dough over on itself and flatten again so the dough is "plain" again. Repeat the sugar/raisin process, then fold the dough again. Repeat a third time.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Pinch off Ping-Pong or golf ball-size bunches of dough. With floured hands, quickly roll them into balls, then turn the edges under themselves slightly. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for at least 30 minutes... an hour plus is better.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- For the glaze: Mix the egg white with a splash of milk.
- Brush onto the balls of dough.
- Bake until the top of the buns have turned a nice golden brown, 20 minutes give or take. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- For the icing: Mix the egg white with enough powdered sugar for the icing to be very thick. Splash in the milk as needed for consistency. When the buns are completely cool, add the icing to a small zip top bag and snip the corner. Make icing crosses on each bun.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond on FoodNetwork.com
Now that all the Easter egg hunt fun has passed, what do we do with all those Easter eggs? Well, here's a classic recipe that comes in handy for all those left over hard-boiled eggs. This is one that your family will definitely enjoy.
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Few dashes of Da Kine Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lettuce or watercress
- Bread or toast
- In a medium bowl, coarsely chop 8 peeled hard-cooked eggs.
- Add ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons chopped, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, and a few dashes of Da Kine Hot Sauce (or more, if you like a spicier salad). Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir gently to combine.
- Serve with greens--such as lettuce or watercress--on bread or toast.
Prep: 5 min. Total Time: 5 min. Servings: 4< Recipe by: Martha Stewart
- 1/2 lb. Ground Pork
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded Cabbage
- 1/4 Cup Finely Shredded Carrot
- 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 Tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tsp. Grated Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp. Chile Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 12 (7 in. square) Spring Roll Wrappers
- 4 Tsp. Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place pork in medium saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pork, cabbage, carrot, green onions, cilantro, sesame oil, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic and chile sauce.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the pork mixture in the center of spring roll wrappers. Roll wrappers around the mixture, folding edges inward to close. Moisten fingers in the cornstarch and water mixture, and brush wrapper seams to seal.
- Arrange spring rolls in a single layer on a medium baking sheet. Brush with vegetable oil. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, until hot and lightly brown. For crispier spring rolls, turn over after 10 minutes.
Use our Da Kine Hawaiian Salad Dressing as a dipping sauce that is on sale for the month of April.
Prep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min. Ready In: 45 min
Recipe by: Rayna (Allrecipes.com)
- 3 Large cans Bush's Baked Beans
- 1 can black beans
- 2 tbsps. molasses
- 4 strips bacon
- Brown sugar to taste
- Aunty Lilikoi Passion Fruit Wasabi Mustard to taste
- Fry bacon, cool and crumble.
- Put the beans in a dutch oven.
- Mix together brown sugar, wasabi mustard and molasses and add on top of beans.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Total time: 30 min. Prep time: 15 min. Cook time: 15 min. Yield: 6 servings
Recipe by: Aunty Lilikoi